A cosplay, as the name suggests, is a contraction of the words costume play. The participants are “cosplayers” who wear costumes and fashion accessories to represent a character.
Apart from being an element that is primary in pop culture, it is also a way through which cosplayers connect and celebrate.
For a twist and in respect of recognition of the cosplayers, this event organised under Consensio’18 has a competition round.
Categories to Choose from :
1. Comic books
Competitive round details
Each cosplayer will be given 10 minutes to present themselves to the judges and the audiences. In this duration, the cosplayer must speak about their character, details of their costume and present dialogues of their character. A short question and answer session will also be included, once the cosplayer is done with his/her presentation on stage.
MUST BE ADHERED TO, AT ALL TIMES IN THE COURSE OF THE EVENT. FAILING TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT.
1. All entrants must be 14 years or older to compete. Each should present themselves with a copy of their own identity document during the time of registration inside campus.
2. Group costume participation is not allowed as part of the contest. However, they’re only allowed on stage during cosplay parade.
3. No nudity will be tolerated. All costumes should be appropriate for a family-friendly show. Any objectionable element related to this will be grounds for immediate disqualification.
4. Costume cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law. Participants should see to it that no messages, signs, political or religious statements are being conveyed through their costumes.
5. All props should be peace-tied. Prop weapons will be allowed, provided they are composed of foam, cardboard, thermocol, light wood or other light materials. Strict security check upon arrival has been mandated.
Basis of awarding the prizes will depend upon :
1. Artisanship/Craftsmanship – How the entrant made their costume, use of materials and creativity.
2. Resemblance/Likeness – How close the contestant resembles the character they are cosplaying.
3. Presentation/Exposition – How the entrant portrays themselves as the character they are cosplaying.
Best costume male – INR 15,000
Best costume female – INR 15,000
NOTE - The competition will be held on the second day of Consensio.